So what does Anscot publish? We publish long form fiction in the following genres only,
Romance (modern, erotic or historical)
Young Adult Dystopian
Science fiction/ Post apocalyptic
Why should I publish with Anscot? We're a new, fresh and innovative company and our mission is to help new authors get the chance they deserve.
How much can I earn? Well that will depend on a few things including luck, timing and how popular your work becomes. We aim to give you and your book the best head start possible, because if you don't succeed, neither do we.
How does the contract work? Unlike the big five publishers we don't pay advances. The main reason mainstream publishers reject so many authors is that they pay large advances that need to be recouped and its far easier to stick with an established author than take a chance on paying an untried novice author a big advance that may never be recouped.
Anscot is willing to take a chance on new authors. We pay our authors on a royalty share basis, taking care of all the upfront costs of editing, cover art , publishing and marketing. These costs are then recouped from royalty payments not from the author. After the costs are recouped we then split the net profits 50/50 with the author which equates to about 32% of a books listing price for e-books - (New York publishers typically pay around 25% to a contracted author).
Because of the efficient way we operate, a successful submission can be packaged and published within a very short time frame, typically 4 to 8 weeks (compared to big five publishers that can take up to a year from approval till publication) after it is approved by our submissions team.
So what are you waiting for? Read the information below and ensure your manuscript meets our requirements and head on over to our submission form.
Before you use our submission form to the right, please make sure you:
1. Only submit romance, (modern, erotic or historical) Young adult Dystopian, or science fiction/ post apocalyptic stories of greater than 50,000 (preferably greater than 60,000) words.
2. submit a manuscript that is complete (not half finished or almost finished), polished and professional. Preferably it will be properly proofread to eliminate typographical and spelling errors. Errors like that can impact the reading experience and can mean the difference between moving to the next stage of the publishing process or being rejected.
3. Submit your manuscript in Word format if possible (Doc or Docx).
4. In the “Message” section, include a synopsis of your book, what genre it falls into, and any other information you feel is relevant.
5. Our royalty model is very simple: We cover the costs of cover design, marketing, formatting, advertising, editing, proofreading, blog tours, cover reveals, and pretty much anything else related to the book. These costs are reimbursed from royalty payments, and then we split the net profits 50/50 with the author.
Remember if you decide that you would rather self-publish don't forget to check out our self-publishing solutions. Happy Writing!